yes yes the rumors are true.....

11:03 PM
i am teaching myself how to sew.
(okay i guess they really aren't rumors if i made it my facebook status that i am teaching myself to sew now is it? oops.)


why you may ask?
because i wanted to make a thomas the train blanket for landen's 2nd birthday.

jenna you know that a toy or clothes would have been sufficient.
yes i do. but this is how i roll ; )

i was super super lucky that my coworker belinda has let me borrow her sewing machine. (THANKS B!)

tonight i started making the blanket. after about 2 1/2 hours (shut up!) i have sewn the 2 fabrics and the binding together. now all that is left (the hardest part) is to sew the double fold binding onto the blanket and i will be set. 

...why is it as i said that i got this weird feeling in my tummy that it wont be that easy. oh well guess we will find out tomorrow.

fact: i have about 22 (yes 22 lol) people back in california who easily could have shown me how to do this. but noooooo jenna decides she wants to sew when she lives in a different state and nobody here knows how.

pics up later of my process and the finished project <3 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.